[rt-users] How do you make Apache v2 use fastcgi?

Lee W rt-list at unassemble.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 13:25:45 EST 2005

Michael Gillis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I almost have RT set up but I need some help. I can connect to the web
>server but I get an "You're almost there" message which then states that
>my
>
>"next step is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct
>it to use RT's mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler".
>
>I have installed RT based on using fastcgi but I do not know what I
>should add to the httpd.conf file to make the Apache 2 webserver use it,
>and I don't see any reference to it in the documentation.
>
>Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Michael.
>

>/_____________________________________________________________\
>| Michael Gillis                | gillisme at gov.ns.ca          |
>| Midrange Services             | 902-424-2471                |
>| Transportation & Public Works | http://cito.tpw.gov.ns.ca/  |
>\_____________________________________________________________/
>
>RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training at bestpractical.com for details.
>
>Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

The Readme file included with 3.4.1 includes the following example
virtual host entry:-

    <VirtualHost rt.example.com>

       # Pass through requests to display images
       Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

       # Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
       FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

       FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

       AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
       ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

    </VirtualHost>

The fastcgi.com website, also lists the valid apache directives.