[rt-users] User lookup upon creating a ticket in web interface

Damien Leri damien at law.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 2 14:39:36 EST 2005

Has anyone made an interface allowing a web-based privileged user to, when on the create ticket page, enter a name and quickly do a lookup on that name? I envision something in the spirit of "tab completion" so that the user confirms that they've entered the name correctly. And more importantly: the user's custom data fields (student class, staff department) would be immediately displayed right there on the page.

This is a feature of OTRS already, but I see no implementation for RT.

One alternative could use the Search Users page and then have the search results include a link to create a new ticket with the matching user(s). Or to use an external directory service and then use a bookmarklet or other way to carry over the search results into the RT web interface. Any better ideas?

--
Damien Leri
Senior IT Support Manager