[rt-users] Perl script to dump mysql db transactions?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.net
Wed Mar 2 20:48:27 EST 2005

Howdy,

Under different circumstances I would not make such a naked plea for
assistance, however time is of the essence (when is it not?) and I'm hoping
that this is one of those trivial issues that someone with more experience
has already tackled.

I'm fairly competent with Perl coding, but not much experienced in mysql.
What I need to do is generate a list of all the transactions (i.e., activity
of any sort) that have occurred in a given RT queue during a specified time
period. Say for example, I might want to run a cron script at 12:01 am every
night that dumped the previous day's transactions to a text file.

I can handle issues related to formatting, printing to file, etc., what I'm
hoping someone has handy in their tool box is the code to get mysql to "tell
me everything that's changed in this table between time X and time Y." Or,
if this is a trivial exercise if someone could point me to the Fine Manual I
should read, I'd be grateful for that kind of help as well.

Thanks,

Doug

--
     If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough