[rt-users] RT3.4.1 Custom fields

Ian Norton i.norton at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 06:50:55 EST 2005

Hi All,

Our student helpdesk service take calls on a number of different issues
and I'm currently trying to convert them to using RT from an Access
database (sic).

My stumbling block is that we want to set a number of custom fields
based on the type of query.  For example, if they take a call regarding
a faulty printer, we need RT to then present another custom field so
that we can describe the printer fault.

I.E.

Class of report: Printer fault
Printer fault  : Paper jam / toner low / out of paper / it's on fire!

We only want to see the printer fault custom fields for printer faults.
  Equally, we want other groupings with subsequent options along these
lines.

Is anyone doing this or something similar?  I could do this with a
seperate web page, but I'm wondering if this is this the "Right way(tm)"
to do it, or is there a better and more suitable way?

Thanks for a great product Jesse!

Version information is:
RT 3.4.1
PostgreSQL 7.4.7.