[rt-users] RT/2 FastCGI and Multiple Instances

Benoit Panizzon panizzon at woody.ch
Thu Mar 3 11:38:14 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 17.28 schrieb Bob Goldstein:
> >Second problem. I read that you have to run FastCGI if you want to run
> >multiple instances of RT in the same apache. Same problem here. Most docs
> > are about RT/3. Does this also apply to RT/2?
>
>    I wrote the original wiki about multiple instances.  I have
>    no experience with RT/2, so that's not included.
>
>    However, I'd be quite surprised if fastcgi were not required
>    for multiple instances in any version.  The reason is that
>    fully independent instances require fully independent
>    perl code bases, at least in principle.  Which is something
>    you can do with fastcgi, but not with mod_perl.

Hi Bob

In the meantime I got fastcgi working on one of the instances. As soon as I
try to uncomment the second one, the whole thing get's really messy (Apache
complaining about double definitions of functions from webmux.pl). It looks
like Apache 1.3.x cannot handle multple fastcgi server (especialy they cannot
be used inside a <virtualhost> statement). So now I'm struggling with a
second apache instance (separate config file for a separate IP-Address) but
I'm stuck here:

error:    mkdir /www/snch/pbsrt2/WebRT/data/obj/standard: Permission denied
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/HTML/Mason/Interp.pm line 590

Anybody an idea what went wrong? I even tryed to create or chmod 777 that
directory. I keep seing that error. Apparently it's not FastCGI related as I
also get it when I comment out the fastcgi statements.

-Benoit-
--
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!