[rt-users] MyRequests apparent bug

Rick Measham rickm at 3d3.com
Fri Mar 4 00:12:32 EST 2005

MyRequests, MyTickets and I imagine a whole pile of other places in 3.22
seem to have a bug ...

I have (for argument's sake) two queues: QA and QB.
I have two users: UA and UB who only have permissions on their
respective queue (no globals)

QA has 12 unowned tickets
QB has 1  unowned ticket.

Root can see 13 unowned tickets and is told there is 13.
UA   can see 12 unowned tickets but is told there is 13.
UB   can see  1 unowned ticket  but is told there is 13.

UA's MyRequests shows only 9 tickets as the 1 QB ticket is in the top 10
list.

SO .. it looks like we're getting the top ten, then checking each for
permissions rather than checking permissions on all tickets and then
showing the top 10.

Same with the counting.

This is about to be a large problem for me as QB is about to go live and
will quickly get a pile of tickets. On average then we can assume that
both UA and UB will only see 5 tickets in MyRequests, but may see zero
at some times.

Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? I don't understand enough of the
inner-inner-inner workings of RT to track this one down!

Cheers!
Rick