[rt-users] Dealing with people who send email to Helpdesk andCCothers

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 5 14:58:48 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:59:34PM -0800, Pei Ku wrote:
> It's kinda weird that you have to manage Watcher list via RT Web
> interface, the but actual communication amongst the people can be
> done either via the web interface or email. It would be nice if I can
> do all that via email, but I don't think it's possible (without some
> heavy hacking made to RT).

I'm not sure I think it *is* all that weird: if you think of RT as a
'brilliant' mailing list manager (which is what you're sort of using it
as in that environment), then setting up groups through the web sounds
less weird.

I still think there might be a way to have the RT mail intake code to
look for In-Reply-To Message-ID, though.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me