[rt-users] RT and Postgresql 8 ?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Mar 5 19:15:11 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 12:39:53AM +0100, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>is there anything specific that makes using RT with PostgreSQL8 a bad
>>choice ?
>>
>>My test-installation runs MySQL 4.0.x and does so quite well - but I've
>>got more trust in PostgreSQL from a RDBMS point of view.
>>

>Nothing specific, but I'd like to hear back from folks who've put it
>through its paces. We don't have Pg 8.0 "in the lab" yet.

I know that MySQL is much better tested.

Is there a simple way to "generate", say, 25000 ("realistic") tickets
via email ?
With attachments ?
I could do a installs in different GSX-server instances (under FreeBSD5)
and see what happens....

But that would still have them (the tickets) lacking any kind of
transactions...

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~