[rt-users] All password / username combinations invalid after upgrade to 3.4.1

Graham Dunn graham.dunn at leitch.com
Sun Mar 6 19:05:37 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>in the logs. Again, this is using root/password, the hash in Users
>>matches the value given in the wiki, so there's something going wrong in
>>IsPassword.
>>

>It really sounds like you're not even connecting to the database

If I stop mysql, I get an error in http-error.log

DBI connect('dbname=rt3','rt_user',...) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 96
[Sun Mar  6 18:56:01 2005] [error] Connect Failed Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)\n at
/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 168\n

So the connection is being made ... can I get more debugging output from
IsPassword?

Graham