[rt-users] Installing RT on RHEL 4.

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Wed Mar 9 17:25:08 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Paul Crossman wrote:

> Hello, I'm installing RT on RHEL 4 and I'm wondering if anyone has done this
> yet?

I did the job with a RHEL 3 clone, with rt-3.0.10, and I intend to
continue the work upgrading to RHEL4 (may take sometime).

My suggestion guideline is "stay with the distro packages" as much as
possible. Otherwise you'll have to maintain every package or dependency
yourself (and believe me it's a hard task sometimes).

What I had to do was to build some (a lot, actually) of perl modules RPMS
that weren't on the distribution and the dependencies of this modules
(sometimes causing an upgrade to an existing one).

--
	Paulo Matos