[rt-users] form letters that are not scrip templates

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 10 14:24:39 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 02:11:47PM -0500, Duncan Hutty wrote:
> We had hacked some form letter functionality into our 0.ancient version
> of RT. I am hoping that RT3 has something along similar lines. Please
> confirm or deny.
>
> Certain requests come in again and again and should be given the same
> (extensive) response. For example, "Has my application for graduate
> admission been received/granted?" We need to reply manually to such
> requests since I don't think that we could generate a regex based filter
> that automagically knew the incoming request should received that type
> of response. Therefore, we should like to be able to hit 'reply with
> form letter' and select a form letter with substituted values for
> certain variables within the template.

This problem seems peripherally related to something I miss in RT, that I will
likely implement with a Custom Field -- and that may solve this gent's problem as
well:

For statistical purposes, it's often useful to have a Resolution Category for each
ticket:

* Problem Solved
* No Problem Found
* Could Not Reproduce
* Fix Declined - Uneconomic
* Broken Unit Replaced
* Will Be Fixed In Upcoming Version

... and the like.

What the possible resolution reasons *are*,of course, depends on your
installation, and probably which queue you're in.

It seems to me that, sufficiently expanded and combined with some custom scrips
and templates, such a system might solve Duncan's problem as well.

Is it possible for a Ticket-level custom field to have different pull-down answers
in different queues?  (IE: are ticket-level custom fields an attribute of a queue?
I think they are...)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me