[rt-users] Installing RT on RHEL 4.

Brian W. Spolarich bwspolarich at uscar.org
Fri Mar 11 09:15:18 EST 2005

Paul Crossman wrote:
> RHEL4 does come with MySQL 4 client and server, and you can
> install the server this time.  As you said, RHEL3 did not
> allow for the server to be installed by default.  If I
> remember correctly, mysql-server was on one of the extras
> disks, but I could be wrong there.

  RHEL3 comes with MySQL 3.  It was included in my distribution from
Rackspace, and I don't think they mess w/ things very much.  I
uninstalled it and installed MySQL 4.1 from the MySQL-provided binary
RPMs.

> Scenario 1:  Using RPMS

  Actually I was wrong -- I apparently got lazy and used the ActivePerl
5.8 RPM distribution, installing it in /opt/pkg.  THEN I added Perl
modules from the RT configure script.  This has worked fine.

> Thoughts???
>
> Also, someone commented that I might have an easier go of it
> if I used FastCGI rather than modperl.  I'm curious why this is?

  This worked just fine for me w/ Apache2:

Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html"
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_access.c>
        Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location /rt>
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>