[rt-users] Help with Debian package + FastCGI setup...

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 06:49:44 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 07:05:11AM -0600, Sam Snow wrote:

> Now when I try to view the index page I get the following error, but at
> least it was not the long string like before:
>
> [Wed Mar 09 05:58:49 2005] [error] [client 24.164.226.14] FastCGI:
> invalid (dynamic) server
> "/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/index.html": access for server (uid
> 33, gid 33) not allowed: execute not allowed

Looking at some of the apache config you posted previously:

##########
ScriptAlias /rt /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi

<Location /rt/>
 DirectoryIndex index.html
</Location>

Apache config inside the virtual host section:
# Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)

Alias /rt /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html

<Location /rt>
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

You should not need that "SetHandler fastcgi-script" line in the
Location, the "ScriptAlias" line should already be doing all the work
of directing the rt requests to the correct handler. I have it
configured with apache2 and fastcgi without that line and it all works
fine. Try removing it and see what happens.

Stephen