[rt-users] multiple scrip actions

Duncan Hutty dhutty+rt at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 14 15:05:41 EST 2005

I want to enable my users to send a canned response to certain request
types but without the needing all the functionality of RTFM. So I have a
custom ticket field, Formletter, and a scrip which fires when that field
becomes the required value, sending the required content to the requestor.

Condition: User Defined
Custom condition: return undef unless
($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Formletter') =~
/ForgottenPassword/);
Action: Notify Requestors
Template: ForgottenPasswordReponse

It works nicely.
I would like the scrip to close the ticket at the same time. Therefore I
need to change to a Custom Action and use
$self-TicketObj->setStatus(Status=>'resolved');
But it raises a couple of questions:
I assume that I would have to change the Action field, above, in order
to 'User Defined' to actually get my custom action to fire. How do I get
a custom action to notify requestors as well? Or should I just use 2
scrips with the same condition?

--
Duncan Hutty
System Administrator, ECE