[rt-users] Search BETWEEN dates?

Anthony Leong anthonyl at yorku.ca
Tue Mar 15 10:04:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:05:58AM -0500, Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com
> wrote:
> > Has anyone modified any version of RT to be able to search BETWEEN dates?
> >
> > We can search for Created or Resolved Before, After, On dates. We need to
> > be able to search for just a specific month to generate our monthly
> > reports, e.g. Created between jan 01 2005 and jan 31 2005. We're using
> > stock RT date fields. Or any other workarounds to get data for just one
> > month?
> >
> > We're on 3.0.7_01 going to 3.2.3 this week. TIA.
> >
> Did you try using AND?
>
>  DATE > 20050131 AND DATE < 20050131
>
> ***************
>
> There is no way to do this that I can see when using the web interface.
> There is only a single date field in the query tool, and it offers Before,
> After, On.

You can do  DATE > 20050131 AND DATE < 20050131  with the web interface
by:

1.)   Created Before 20050131
2.)   Create After 20050101

However, I am not sure if it will be inclusive of those two dates.  So,
you can try by adding the following to Advanced and see it in the Query
Builder:

 Created = '20050101'  OR  Created = '20050131'  OR ( Created > '20050101'
AND  Created < '20050131' )

Anthony Leong