[rt-users] customizing the RT logo

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Thu Mar 17 16:33:01 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:59:56AM -0500, Stephen Turner wrote:
> At Thursday 3/17/2005 10:17 AM, Covington, Chris wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I've added this to my 3.2.1 RT_SiteConfig.pm file:
> >
> >Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "rt_logo.jpg");
> >
> >Made sure the file was the in proper place, restarted Apache2, etc.
> >
> >But I still get the bplogo.gif and http://bestpractical.com link in the
> >upper-right hand corner.
> >
> >Is there another way I can stick my own jpeg in the upper-left corner
> >and remove the bestpractical.com link?
>
> I don't think the code uses the LogoURL variable, so setting it has no
> effect. You could name your image bplogo.gif and replace the stock version.

Indeed, it doesn't. I patched the Debian packaged versions of RT a
while ago on the request of someone who wanted it to honour the
$LogoURL configuration directive. As others have noted though you still
either need to make your logo the same size as the bplogo.gif or
create a local version of the template with the new image sizes. So
you do not gain a lot by patching the source to handle $LogoURL

Stephen