[rt-users] FUNCTIONING: RT on RHEL 4 with FastCGI and MySQL Install Procedure

Sam Snow sam.snow at christianheritageschool.org
Fri Mar 18 18:05:37 EST 2005

Looks good to me. My only suggestion is to add some information about the
"-processes (# here)" option for the FastCgiServer line. Only having one
Mason process start up makes trouble shooting much easier, but from what I
understand it could lead to slowing if multiple folks are accessing the
site since they would have to wait for the mason process to finish with
other requests.

I am sticking with one right now, but that is because I am running on a
PII 333 with 150MB ram and it just can't take more of a memory footprint
being used. I tried more last night and I think it slowed things down
rather than sped things up!

So, this value is definitely tunable according to your server specs and RT
load.

I'm very glad you got things working,
Sam

William Harrison said:

> Well, thanks to hard work and effort from others, this procedure has been
> verified to work across at least three installations of RHEL 4. If you
> think it would be of value, I'm happy to add it to the wiki.
>
> Installation procedure follows...
>

> -William

<snip>