[rt-users] What determines whether ticket resolution responds to requestors or not?

Brandon Pulsipher brandonp at omniture.com
Thu May 12 19:30:54 EDT 2005

There may be more than one way to answer this, but I went through this
issue yesterday.  Since it looks like most people resolve a ticket by
clicking on 'Resolve' at the top of the ticket page, I looked there.

What I found was it passes in Action=Comment as one of the args on the
resolve link.  I found that changing this to Action=Respond has the
effect that it changes that drop down box on the resolve page to default
to the Respond to Requestors.

Maybe I only changed this in one place and I'm not solving the issue,
but it looks like it will work for me.

The only problem I have now is I'd like to get RT3 to email the comments
someone enters when the resolve the ticket.  I've updated the OnResolve
template with:
Comments on resolved ticket:
  {$Transaction->Content()}
But that produces:
  This transaction appears to have no content
I do get a separate comment email to the requestor with the comments.
Anyone know how to disable that email on resolve, but put those comments
in the resolve email?  I hope that made sense.

FYI, if anyone is interested in how I changed the Resolve link to make
comments to the requestor...
1. Created the dir: (Ticket/Elements did not yet exist)
	/opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Elements

2. Moved /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/ to the above dir

3. On line 154, changed Action=Comment to Action=Respond