[rt-users] Separating access to queues (a la CPAN)

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon May 16 14:02:03 EDT 2005

At Monday 5/16/2005 01:43 PM, William McKee wrote:

>That's the setup I'm hearing as I read through the messages on the list.
>Do you provide the web interface for your unprivileged users or must
>they correspond only via email? I can't seem to get around the login
>page when I'm trying to access the site as an unprivileged user.

If you grant an unprivileged user access to RT, they will see the "Self
Service" interface - it gives visibility of their own tickets and the
ability to create tickets in queues they have rights to. They would still
have to log in though to get there.

I don't think RT has an interface for unauthenticated users to create
tickets (apart from the email interface). I think I remember this subject
being raised before in the mailing list but I can't find a reference.

> > Using queues for different projects would be a good approach.
>
>OK, that's the picture I'm starting to get. Now if I can only figure out
>how to give an unprivilege user access to only his/her queue.

What would be the association between an unprivileged user and a queue?
Would it just be the tickets she created? If so, you can grant rights to
the Requestor role. Then she'd have access to "her" tickets.

Steve