[rt-users] RT database repointing

Kevin Moran kmoran at servecentric.com
Thu May 19 10:34:42 EDT 2005

Hi Ramon,

It seemed to take a while but it picked up that it should be pointing
elsewhere but then I found I had to upgrade my MySQL client which I did.
I still an error even though I can access the database from command
line.

DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=212.147.132.31;port=3306','rt',...) failed:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 132
[Thu May 19 15:28:11 2005] [error] Connect Failed Client does not
support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading
MySQL client
 at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 168

Can anyone help?  BTW my perl version is 5.8.5 but it seems as though RT
is still using my old perl version of 5.8.0.  Is there anyway of getting
it to use 5.8.5?

Cheers,
Kevin