[rt-users] move rt3 to another server

Leon leon at iwa-solutions.com
Fri May 20 16:09:00 EDT 2005

I actually went down this path recently.  I had RT 3.0.6 running on a RH8
box.  I needed to move it to a faster system.  The current version, at the
time was 3.2.2  Ruslin is right.  Use sqldump.  Its real straight forward.
The thing is that versions need to be the same AND nothing(!) on the new
system will be preserved.
  So you either have to
--upgrade the old system (box1)3.4.1
--use sqldump
--import your data on box2 using the sql command
or
--reinstall 3.0.10 on the new system(box2)
--use sqldump on box1
--import your data(the sqldump file) on box2 using the sql command
--upgrade RT on box2 to 3.4.1 (as per migration instructions in distro)

I actually did the later. And other than a vague instruction (which I was
able to clairfy) the transistion went perfect.  Hope this helps.