[rt-users] Moving rt from mysql 3.23 to 4.1?

Howard Jones howard.jones at network-i.net
Tue May 24 08:51:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm about to update our RT install from 3.0.10 to 3.4.2, and I noticed
that the requirements for RT say mysql 4.1. We've been running it on
3.23 for a couple of years now, and I've just updated mysql to 4.1 on
that server, using the existing (MyISAM) tables.

What I'd like to know is:
1) Is it worth moving to InnoDB?

2) My plan for doing that would be to finish the upgrade to RT 3.4.2
first, then look at moving the database after by using the conversion
scripts for 3.4.2, then dumping the database, replacing all the 'MyISAM'
in the dump with 'InnoDB', then reloading that dump. Is that going to work?

Thanks in advance for any advice - I'm looking forward to 3.4's new
features :-)

Best Regards,

Howard