[rt-users] RT upgrade failing!

Chuck Mead csm at redhat.com
Tue May 24 21:11:12 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>Yes... I ran this:
>

> And what was the output from the scripts? What exact errors are you
> seeing?
>

>>After running that and getting errors splatted all over the place it
>>fails to run and the apache logs are reporting that there is no users
>>database.

First things first... (once my current effort is working properly I will
attempt to do an upgrade to 3.4.2)

I am working at getting a working install of rt-3-0-7_01.

I sent the config up for this a while ago... it *IS* working with the
database from the original host pulled in via "psql -f dump.db".

There are a couple of problems though...

1. When I click logout I get the following error in the browser:

(Note: I have to freeze the browser with the escape key to see this as
it passes quite quickly otherwise)

The URL showing is: http://glsrt.gls.redhat.com/NoAuth/Logout.html

The main window of the browser shows:

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %#
(Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %#
This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %#
the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have %#
been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %#
from www.gnu.org. %# %# This work is distributed in the hope that it
will be useful, but %# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of %# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See
the GNU %# General Public License for more details. %# %# Unless
otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or %# extensions to
this work which alter its source code become the %# property of Best
Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for %# inclusion in the work. %#
%# %# END LICENSE BLOCK

<&|/l&>You have been logged out of RT.

<&|/l&>You're welcome to login again <%PERL> if (defined %session) {
tied(%session)->delete; } $m->abort(); <%ARGS> $URL => $RT::WebPath."/"

After this screen the browser settles to this URL:

http://glsrt.gls.redhat.com/NoAuth/%3C%$URL%%3E

And text in the browser window that says:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

2. When I click the "Home" link from the left hand side I get the
dreaded "You're almost there!" message.

Both of these errors occur in spite of the fact that RT is actually
working otherwise... I can manipulate data in the interface etc.

Here is my current apache configuration:

NameVirtualHost 172.16.62.89:80

<VirtualHost 172.16.62.89:80>
ServerAdmin root at glsrt.gls.redhat.com
ServerName glsrt.gls.redhat.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
<Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
 #Pass through requests for noauth
<Location /NoAuth/images >
    SetHandler default-handler
</Location>
Alias /NoAuth/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
DirectoryIndex index.html
</VirtualHost>

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 6

This is setup with fastcgi as you can see and I have no idea what to do
to fix these problems.

- --
Chuck Mead <csm at redhat.com>
Instructor II (and resident Postfix bigot), GLS
Disclaimer: "It's Thursday and my name is Locutus of B0rk!"
Addendum: "Bwahahaha! Fire up the orbital mind-control lasers!"