[rt-users] CC's not working.

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri May 27 12:15:26 EDT 2005

At Friday 5/27/2005 12:03 PM, Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>Okay, I have wondered this before but never aloud....NotifyActor in
>RT_Config.pm seems to only apply to whether the Actor in a ticket gets an
>email saying what he himself has done. That is judging by the comments
>surrounding it in the RT_Config.pm file. It appears that you can turn this
>off and on with the NotifyActor option. However the FAQ seems to indicate
>that it can do more. I haven't found enough details about it to know what
>all it can do. However, I turned it on, and it didn't improve my
>situation, I still get the "No recipients found. Not
>sending.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:247)" error.
>
>Thanks for trying though, I am beginning to feel all alone out here! ;-)
>
>Here are the scrips listed for all queues (and the only ones listed for
>the queue that I started out trying to email):
>
>On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
>On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
>On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
>On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
>On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
>On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template Correspondence
>On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved
>On Correspond Notify Owner with template Admin Correspondence
>On Create Notify Owner with template Transaction
>On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
>On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
>
>Vicki Stanfield

OK - the only scrip that will send mail to CCs is "On Correspond Notify
Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence" and this will only fire
when a reply is added to an existing ticket. The log messages you sent
earlier show OnCreate scrips - in other words scrips that fire when a new
ticket is being created. So there are no scrips defined to send mail to CCs
when a new ticket is created.

The "No recipients found. Not sending" message is not really an error, it's
more informational. RT checked the scrip, found no-one  who should receive
the email, and made a note of that in the log. So "On Create Notify
AdminCcs with template Transaction" will not send mail if no Admin CCs are
present for the ticket.

The NotifyActor suggestion was just a wild guess. Quite often our users
report that "replies aren't working" and we find that they were replying to
a ticket on which they were the requestor, so our NotifyActor setting was
suppressing the mail.

Steve