[rt-users] Custom statuses

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Tue Nov 1 15:16:36 EST 2005

I'm fatally confused about whether I can customize ticket statuses or not.  Various mailing list items seem to indicate yes, no, and maybe.

RT_Config.pm contains:
# You can define new statuses and even reorder existing statuses here.
# WARNING. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE DEFAULT STATUSES. If you do, RT
# will break horribly.
@ActiveStatus = qw(new open stalled) unless @ActiveStatus;
@InactiveStatus = qw(resolved rejected deleted) unless @InactiveStatus;

OK, that seems pretty straightforward.  So I added two lines to RT_SiteConfig.pm:

@ActiveStatus = qw(new open stalled pricepending customerwait externalwait escalated) unless @ActiveStatus;
@InactiveStatus = qw(resolved rejected deleted) unless @InactiveStatus;

and restarted httpd.  Nothing complained, and the new statuses showed up in the dropdown.  But when I tried to actually *SET* one, I got "Illegal value for Status".

Looking at the mailing list archives some more, I find suggestion of using Queue_Local.pm.  I assume this needs to be in lib/RT, along with Queue.pm and friends (the suggestions never actually said where), and I think I proved that by forgetting the trailing "1" in the file and hanging RT ;-)  (Restarting httpd again cleared that up.)

So, what's the real story?  Should this work or not?  Am I doing something dumb (probably)?

Thanks,

...phsiii