[rt-users] Error in "RT Essentials" book.

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:10:15 EST 2005

On 11/2/05, Joby Walker <joby at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> It is an error but the two statements in the book are equivalent:
>
> pg 88
>
> if ($Transaction->CreatorObj->id != $RT::Nobody->id){}
>
> pg 89
>
> unless ($Transaction->CreatorObj->id == $RT::Nobody->id){}
>

> Different ways to check for the same negative; "if this is not true" vs.
> "unless this is true".

I see. I also hadn't noticed that the comparison operators had been changed
as well.

New question: On page 88, right after that if statement, in the next line,
that starts off "my $user", shouldn't that first 'RT' in the line have a
dollar sign in front of it, or is my lack of perl knowledge showing through
too much? :)

TIA

--
-ste