[rt-users] CC to watchers list. Any ideas?

Hersker, Steve SHersker at TNGUS.com
Thu Nov 3 14:50:17 EST 2005

What should the value of $RTAddressRegexp be set to? I'm new to RT, so
please excuse my newbie-ness. My confusion stems from knowing what email
address to put here - I have sendmail setup with several aliases for each
queue. It's the email address of the queues that inbound mail would be
addressed to (and thus potentially causing a loop)...how do I account for
multiple email addresses?

Or, am I completely missing something?

Thanks!
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:28 AM
To: Hermann Ronaldsson
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] CC to watchers list. Any ideas?

On 11/2/05, Hermann Ronaldsson <hermann at ronaldsson.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a question regarding tickets being created through e-mail.
>
> If a user sent a message to support at ourcompany.com and also put a CC: to
> various other addresses, how can i make these CC: addresses become part
> of the watcher list?
RT_Config.pm:

# If $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true, RT will attempt to divine
# Ticket 'Cc' watchers from the To and Cc lines of incoming messages
# Be forewarned that if you have _any_ addresses which forward mail to
# RT automatically and you enable this option without modifying
# "RTAddressRegexp" below, you will get yourself into a heap of trouble.

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , undef);

--
Best regards, Ruslan.