[rt-users] Page Load Hangs in 3.4.4

Anthony Lincoln ahlincoln at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 7 14:33:21 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>>Apparently this is a known HTTP flaw, but it is much more pronounced
>>>here than on any of my other webapps (none of which use Mason).  Both
>>>the web and database servers have plenty of CPU/RAM/swap, etc.  Anything
>>>I can do to speed up database queries and pageloads?  Sorry this
>>>question is so general, but so is the problem.
>>>

>>I'm having the same config except we are running RT 3.4.3 and haven't
>>had this problem. I just tried a couple of heavy operation like
>>searching on ticket content and aborting the search but I can start a
>>new query right away. Maybe it is because we're running RT using
>>mod_perl (Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_fastcgi/2.2.12 mod_perl/1.29 mod_ssl/2.8.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8)
>

> Actually, what's going on is that Apache-Session locks your session
> object to prevent corruption from a second hit whilst the first is
> rendering.  It might be safe to turn off Apache::Session locking.

I'm testing this in development (2-line change in SetupSessionCookie)
and it definitely speeds things up.  I also discovered that regularly
reaping the files in $RT/var/session_data is a must.

I also played around with enabling Apache::Session::Oracle but got some
strange behavior.  Was this your experience too?

Appreciate all the help.

-Tony