[rt-users] RT on Windows

d w dw12345678 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:38:51 EST 2005

Dear all,

I'm trying to install RT 3.5.5 from sources (with the aid of cygwin) on
Windows XPSP2 with Apache 2.0.54 and modperl 2.0.2; using Activeperl
5.8.7.613. I have configured Apache to load RT if given a path like
http://localhost/rt with the Alias Directive.

However, as soon as I enable in http.conf the line

PerlRequire "Path-to-Webmux.pl/webmux.pl"

I cannot start the Apache service anymore. And the apache errorlog only
tells me 'cannot load "Path-to-Webmux.pl/webmux.pl" on localhost:80'. If I
disable said line, I get to the webpage which tells me 'ok, you have rt
installed but you need to configure your webserver...'.

I couldn't find anymore hints/tips/leads either in the mailing list archive
nor on the wiki...

Now, I'm by no ways an apache and perl expert, so I'm completely lost and
would appreciate any hints for further investigations.

Thanks.

Donat