[rt-users] Login fails after reinstall of RT 3.4.4 -- SOLVED

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Tue Nov 8 10:23:34 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 10:06, Les Mikesell wrote:
> The table schema you posted did specify the charset at the
> table level, which mysql 4.x and up allows.

Yes, I noticed that. I didn't pick latin1; that was MySQL's default choice.
I am not sure what the system default is. It's a brand-new server, and this
issue hasn't arisen with any other software yet, so I hadn't paid much
attention to it.

> I'm just not sure
> how and where conversions happen if that isn't the system
> default and thought it might be the cause of your problem

I agree; in fact, I am almost certain this is the cause. :-)

> although I don't know why it would be different between
> innodb and myisam tables.

If I recall, MyISAM doesn't support certain character sets that are supported
in InnoDB. I'll have to do some reading up on this in the MySQL docs.

Scott