[rt-users] RT Queues and SLA definitions for responding to tickets

Aris Theocharides aris at myinternet.com.au
Tue Nov 8 20:57:31 EST 2005

In the last few implementations of RT that I've worked on there has
been a need to define SLAs regarding the time taken to pick up
tickets, respond and/or resolve tickets, depending on the ticket.

The SLA's typically are different for each RT queue, and ticket
priority. I've used a Custom Field representing the severity of the
ticket in the SLA definitions, although generically other Custom
Fields can also play a role in defining SLAs.

It would be ideal if RT would support the concept of presentation of
SLA triggers in the default view based on SLA considerations as above.

I would love to hear how others manage SLAs for ticket pickup
(ownership), and response/resolution.

Regards,

-- Aris