[rt-users] Re: "More About user" section not appearing when viewing tickets submitted by users who are granted rights in RT

Aaron Nichols adnichols at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:20:54 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, Aaron Nichols <adnichols at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>     Since this has been the case since I installed RT 3.4.2 and is
> still true in 3.4.4, I assume this is either a config issue on my end
> or 'by design'. When viewing a ticket submitted by a user who is not
> granted rights in RT (user was created automatically upon email
> submission) I get a section under "Links" labeled "More About
> Lastname, Firstname...". I can click that link to get more info about
> them. This section also lists other tickets they have open and any
> comments about them in that section below.

Ok, so I now see why this is the case, in
Ticket/Elements/ShowRequestor is the following:

% unless ($requestor->Privileged) {
<& /Elements/TitleBoxStart,
        title => "<a class='inverse'
href=\"$RT::WebPath/Admin/Users/Modify.html?id=".$requestor->id."\">".loc("More
about [_1]", $name)."</a>" &>

If I comment out the conditional that checks if the requestor is
privileged, the information is displayed as I would expect.

I guess my question is - why would I not want to see this information
for a privileged user? Is this a workaround for a problem? What is the
risk in changing this behavior?

Thanks,
Aaron