[rt-users] Login fails after reinstall of RT 3.4.4 -- SOLVED

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Sat Nov 12 16:01:49 EST 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 10:45, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> ENGINE TYPE MUST BE InnoDB!!! Other variants are not supported.

Thanks for the warning. I wasn't aware of this. I dumped the database,
re-created using InnoDB (and modified the engine type on the table create
statements in the dump file), and reloaded.

All is well. I found that the root cause of the problem was that the data
I migrated from our old server was UTF8, but our new server (and the new
version of MySQL) use LATIN1 by default. Now that I have everything in
agreement, RT works fine.

Thanks again for all the good advice. Ruslan, you probably saved me from
some nasty problems down the road.

Scott