[rt-users] Performance with many attachments and transactions

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Nov 17 16:05:50 EST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Kevin Murphy wrote:

> There are 433 separate database queries made in the course of
> postgresql log file) is just 1.19 seconds, but the entire load
> takes 13-14 seconds, both according to the RT footer and by
> measuring the elapsed time across all database queries in the
> postgresql log file.

Did you also measure the time to transfer the bits from the Pg server
to the web server?  That may also be a bottleneck.  I can literally
see the delay in painting the page when RT encounters a large
attachment only to report a link with the size of the attachment.

It seems to me RT is fetching the whole large attachment just to find
its size and content type rather than just fetching the size from the
DB.  I could be wrong, though.