[rt-users] Database Upgrade Errors -- Please Help

Jennifer I. Moore jim1 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 21 16:15:43 EST 2005

At 11/21/2005 04:03 PM, you wrote:
>>In a sense, we are creating a "replica" on the new server, just with
>>newer versions of the software pieces.  The MySQL import puts the old
>>database in place on the new server.  Then I run make upgrade instead of
>>make install for RT.
>
>If you don't have an old version of RT installed, wouldn't you need to do
>a make install instead of make upgrade?  Or am I understanding you wrong?

Hi Drew,

New version of RT (3.4.4) + database from old version of RT (3.0.0).

We've tried it several different ways...  make install, make upgrade, db
upgrade scripts...

We haven't yet taken the route of installing RT 3.0.0 on the new server,
importing the production db from the old server, and then running make
upgrade to RT 3.4.4 on both the RT install and the database...  is that
what needs to happen?

Guess I was hoping to be able to bring just the old (3.0.0) database up to
speed with the new install of 3.4.4 rather than having to install the old
RT as well.

In this latter scenerio, would it be make install or make upgrade?  It
wasn't clear to us.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer