[rt-users] Auto calculate time (estimaded, remaining)

Humberto Junior humberto at nexos.com.br
Tue Nov 22 13:46:31 EST 2005

Hi, I am a new RT user and I have 2 tasks to do.

1) A user creating a ticket, can set the time worked and the time
remaining, but not the time estimated (by default), I want to set the
time estimated = the first time remaining + the first time worked.

and

2) When a user insert a "time worked" on a comment or reply, I want to
decrement the time remaining (time remaining = Time estimated - Total
Time worked)

The number 1 ocurs only on a ticket creation and number 2 every entry of
a time worked.

I never programmed in perl or sql, so I can not risk doing my first
codes in my RT-database.

Could someone help-me showing how I can do that, where can I learn, and
some samples of codes.

Do I solve this problem in command-line or in the web-interface of RT?

PS. I´m using rt 3.2 + apache1 + postgress

Thanks in advance