[rt-users] There can be only one responder. Or should be.

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Sun Nov 27 06:28:00 EST 2005

Todd Chapman <todd at chaka.net> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 04:13:37PM +0100, Leif Nixon wrote:
>> One of the groups that are using our RT server has the following high
>> on their wish list: They want to avoid the situation where two
>> watchers simultaneously reply to a new ticket; only the first answer
>> should go through, the second should bounce. And they want to work
>> chiefly through mail; they don't want to have to take the ticket in
>> the web interface first.
>> [...]
>
> As always, there a a number of ways to accomplish this. One
> way may be to create a scrip that removes the other watcher
> when the first watcher replies. That only works if the watcher
> that is removed shouldn't get Cc'd for further e-mails about
> the ticket.

Hm, yes, you can play tricks like that, of course. Hadn't thought
about that possibility.

In this case, everybody should still get cc:ed, but perhaps I can
do something like moving everybody else from AdminCc to Cc.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think a bit more about this.

--
Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert