[rt-users] Interview with Jesse Vincent

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 3 13:58:40 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 01:22:23PM -0400, Todd Chapman wrote:
> So what are the pieces of Jifty? I assume DBI is at the
> core. I always figured that RT's access control
> architecture could be a separte perl module. I guess
> custom fields, transactions, and attributes are all good
> candidates. What else?

Let's put it this way: Jifty is my vision of a sane way to build
web-based applications in perl. I've taken what I've learned over the
past...yow...decade and tried to extract out the commonalities and
complexities so that what you're writing is _your application_, not a
bunch of boilerplate code for dealing with the same thing time and time
again.

Custom fields, transactions and attributes don't currently figure into
this. I mean, they're all easy to do, but they're not exactly common to
every application.