[rt-users] temp files leftover in /tmp sucking up all space

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Oct 3 15:51:49 EDT 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>> Oct  3 03:02:54 w01 postfix/local[28234]: 9F290362CA: to=<MUMBLE>,
>> relay=local, delay=257901, status=deferred (temporary failure.
>> Command output: An Error Occurred =================  500 Server
>> closed connection without sending any data back )
>
> Is it the mailgate or the server-side? (I'd been under the impression
> that we'd clobbered this bug on the server side as of 3.4.0 or so.)

Must be server since the error says "500 server closed connection",
and rt-mailgate successfully returns EX_TEMPFAIL to postfix.  I'll
upgrade to 3.4.x in a day or so during my planned upgrade of apache
to apache2 and perl + friends  on the server in question.  If it
persists I'll report back.

> Are you using modperl or fcgi? If mod_perl, does it help to tune your
> threads to answer fewer requests? (Some of the tempfiles may be
> cleaned
> at "program" exit)

mod_perl.  apache children handle 50 requests and then die, or if
they've gotten too big they die.  i'm planning to move to fcgi to cut
down my process load (right now I have a separate mod_perl instance
just for RT).