[rt-users] Problems installing 3.4.4 with Postgres on FC3

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Mon Oct 10 13:18:31 EDT 2005

Hmm.  That LoadModule wasn't in httpd.conf, but adding it caused it to warn me that it was already loaded, so I removed it again.

Commenting out the "PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat" didn't seem to make any difference.

I appreciate the suggestions; got any more?  ;-)


-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan, Ahalya [mailto:Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com] 
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:04 AM
To: Phil Smith III; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Problems installing 3.4.4 with Postgres on FC3

See if it works after removing the line "PerlModule Apache2
Apache::compat" from http.conf. Make sure that mod_perl is loaded like
LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District 
(402) 504-7180 phone
(402) 504-5180 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Phil
Smith III
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:53 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Problems installing 3.4.4 with Postgres on FC3

I ran the install and, after some struggles, got all the dependencies to
be happy.

But when I did "httpd start", it complained that Apache2.pm wasn't
found.  @INC is close -- it includes:
But Apache2.pm was in 
along with  ApacheTest.pm  and  DBI.pm.

I copied Apache2.pm to 
and then it complained that Apache/compat.pm wasn't found.  So I copied
that to
and then it complained that DBI.pm wasn't found.

That one was in the installation info, so I did the
	perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::DBI'
(which presumably (?) would have solved the other 2 problems -- but why
didn't the installation get this one right?) and then httpd started, but
	 No root path(s) specified at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 99
and visiting the root URL got a 404:
	The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.
which at least seems consistent with it being confused about the root

Googling and searching the archives suggests that there's a bug that
causes something (webmux.pl?) to be run twice, and that adding:
	system("touch $RT::MasonDataDir/obj/fake_file");
to webmux.pl (presumably just before the failure) is the fix.

So I did that, and now httpd starts cleanly, but still 404s.  The
DocumentRoot statement reads:
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
and there is an index.html in that directory.  Googling for this one
didn't seem to shed any light.

I feel like I've made progress, but I'm not there yet, and can't really
even tell if I'm moving in the right direction.  Any and all suggestions
are appreciated.

Least hypothesis is that I don't understand the section about
configuring httpd.conf.

RT is the only web service on that machine.

The section I added to httpd.conf is (IP/hostname changed):

   ServerName my.servername.com
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTP-8

   # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
       RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://levanta.com$1/index.html
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason

Disclaimer: I'm far from a Linux expert.  So if I've done something
wildly stupid (likely!), be gentle ;-)



Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today! 

Download a free sample chapter from http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

More information about the rt-users mailing list