[rt-users] [CONTRIB] WhoHasRightsToWhat

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Oct 12 13:31:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:27:02AM -0700, Joby Walker wrote:
> Thanks Todd, this is a great addition for administrators.  Can't wait to
> see the version that allows for bulk editing of permissions.

Thanks! It turns out bulk editing is a bitch, but I'm trying to
make sense of it.

For example:

Todd: Does the user have right X for object Y?
  RT: Yes!

Todd: Revoke right X on object Y for user.
  RT: Sorry, user doesn't have that right.

Todd: WTF?!
  RT: User is a member of a group, that is a member of a group, that has that right.

Todd: My head hurts.
  RT: It should.