[rt-users] filling in email for WebExternalAuto

Nathan J. Mehl rtusers at memory.blank.org
Thu Oct 20 15:17:15 EDT 2005

By default, when RT auto-creates a user by means of WebExternalAuto,
the user thus created is a very bare shell: the Name and Gecos fields
are filled in with the HTTP username, and everything else is left
blank.

I'm trying to get the user's email address pre-populated as well.  In
our system, it's a safe bet that username@$RT::Organization is a valid
email address for that user, so I copied share/html/autohandler into
local/html/autohandler, and edited around line 116 to add:

            my ($val, $msg) = $UserObj->Create(
                         %{ref($RT::AutoCreate)
                         %? $RT::AutoCreate :
                         %{}},
                         Name   => $user,
                         Gecos  => $user,
                         EmailAddress  => $user . "\@example.com",
                         );

...but the users are still created with blank EmailAddress fields.  Is
there somewhere else I should be trying to do this?

-n