[rt-users] Huge Attachments table in 3.4.4

Luke Vanderfluit lvanderf at internode.com.au
Tue Oct 25 02:44:46 EDT 2005

Hi.

I have upgraded RT from 3.0.11 to 3.4.4. Mysql 4.0.18, Apache 1.3.27
(with static modperl module).
The database we are using is quite large.
The main problem we are having is when a user needs to comment on a
ticket, the loading of a ticket can take quite a long time.
This is due to mysql churning through data.
I'd like to find out how to speed up this process.

How do I find out what tables mysql is checking through when RT is

I'm pretty sure that the lag is caused by an oversized attachments table.
Are there any suggestions for additional indexes on the attachments
table that could speed things up?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

--