[rt-users] The holy grail: RT, Apache/unix, and Active Directory Single Sign-On (yes, really)

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:56:52 EDT 2005

<<<
If you are not starting from scratch, but are trying to integrate a
pre-existing RT instance with an Active Directory server, you are
going to have to decide what to do about the pre-existing
auto-created-by-email accounts on the RT side (if any). If you do
nothing, you won't break anything, but you'll lose some historical
continuity because post-unification RT will create new accounts for
each user as they log in. If that's an issue, you'll need to go
through the existing set of auto-created accounts and change their
usernames from "user at domain" to just "user".

I think this note about internal users only, who are in the AD. AFAIK
RT wouldn't allow to create new user(even with different Name) with
the same EmailAddress, so you have to do this step if at least one
user from the AD is in RT allready.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.