[rt-users] Issue in installing mod_ntlm module for apache2.0.54

Nathan, Ahalya Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
Wed Sep 7 10:31:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Has anyone been successful in installing the mod_ntlm2.0.1 module for
Apache2.0.54? I am modifying the APXS and APACHECTL but no luck.  Here
is how I am doing it:

#APXS=apxs

APXS=/usr/local/dev/apacheRT4/bin/apxs

#APACHECTL=/etc/rc.d/apache

APACHECTL=/usr/local/dev/apacheRT4

The reason I am trying to install this module is because I need to
access the $REMOTE_USER variable. After doing some research on the
internet I found out that the $REMOTE_USER will be set with the

name with which the person tries to login to their machine (the
authentication for this login is done via Active directory). Am I right?

Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
(402) 449-8218 phone
(402) 449-8131 fax