[rt-users] RT 3.4.2/3.4.3 Perl dependencies problem

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 7 12:50:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 10:22, Max wrote:

> > If you can't get Test::More installed properly, then I wouldn't be
> > surprised if you can't get the test suite of the other modules to  work
> > -- Test::More is used pretty extensively in test suites these days.
>
> After much correspondence with another having the same issues as I was
> with this post, we finally got it narrowed down to an offending
> HTML::Mason issue. We ended up installing Pod::Tests first, force
> installing WWW::Mechanize, and Test::More. Then I ended up installing
> DBIx::SearchBuilder manually as well. After that, HTML::Mason version
> 1.28 was installed from tarball (It does not play well with 1.31).
>
> This seemed to cure the issues with Asset Tracker and RTFM not showing
> up in the menus. It also cured some other odd behavior RT was
> exhibiting. I just wanted to post back about this issue in case others
> could find it helpful.

RT 3.4.4 fixes the issue with Mason 1.31.  For some reason I had
to reinstall everything from scratch to make AT and RTFM show
up again - but I didn't try clearing the Mason data cache first.
(And note that the 'make install'  step for AT clears any existing
database entries and it's 'patch' step seems not to be needed with RT
3.4.4.).

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com