[rt-users] RT 3.4.2/3.4.3 Perl dependencies problem

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 7 14:38:33 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 12:39, Todd Chapman wrote:
> Yes, according to the AT README file you should do a 'make upgrade',
> not a 'make install'.

Maybe I missed something but I couldn't see anything that distinguished
the code and database components in the README.  I wanted a complete
new install of the code and had removed /opt/rt3 before starting
(because upgrade attempts had not gone well...).  But, I wanted
to hook to the existing database when finished.  I just thought I
should mention this in case someone does the same on a production
system.  I think it would be more clear if there were separate
steps to install/upgrade the code and install/upgrade the database
since they may be out of sync in various ways as you upgrade or
move things. It would be even better if the database had a field
that tracked its current version and the install/upgrade script
automatically did whatever was needed for the current code version
to work.

And by the way - thanks for releasing asset tracker... I hate for
my only comments about free software to be complaints.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com