[rt-users] Q: Role-based Customfield administration

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 7 14:48:40 EDT 2005

I am using rt-3.4.0

I have a Queue named XYZ in which i have assigned two users as "Admin CC".
  I have granted "AdminCC"'s (via Roles rights) get the following rights
in the Queue XYZ context:

AdminQueue
AssignCustomFields	(don't think this is relevant)
CreateTicket
ModifyTicket
ReplyToTicket
SeeQueue
ShowTicket
ShowTicketComments
StealTicket
Watch
WatchAsAdminCC

In Global->Group-Rights, i have assigned Role-based rights to "AdminCC" of

ModifyCustomField
SeeCustomField

I've created some Global custom fields for all tickets (DeviceName,
OperatingSystem, etc).

I want those AdminCCs to be able to change the values in those custom
fields for tickets in the "XYZ" Queue, however, they get "permission denied".

I'm at a loss to figure out what right i'm overlooking, and the log file
doesn't give me any useful information.

Is there anyway to figure out the current set of rights that are in play
in a particular context?  (it'd be nice to have a sidebar/menu function
that would display this for debugging purposes)

thanks,
--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAP
303.497.2869  -  sdowdy at ucar.edu  -  http://www.rap.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/