[rt-users] Public read-only acccess to tickets

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 05:12:05 EDT 2005

Tom,

Sorry to come back to this after such a long time, but we have just
resolved a problem in getting email to our RT system.  So, back to
getting the read-only access ...

On 8/3/05, Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> There's no "official" way/option/etc at the moment, though something may
> be in the works for the rt.cpan.org migration we're doing.  For now I
> suggest you create a user "guest" with password "guest" and publicize
> that on the login page.  Make sure the guest user only has rights to see
> things, not modify stuff (including itself, so guests can't change the
> password and lock other guests out).

We are using RT 3.4.1 as packaged for Debian stable (sarge).  I am
looking at the Configuration>Users page and I can't see how I set
things so this guest user is not able to modify their own password, or
create new requests.

Could you please point me to the relevant bit of the interface, or
system documentation?

Many thanks,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/