[rt-users] creating new ticket via mail

Anne Ramey anner at blast.com
Sun Sep 11 23:38:57 EDT 2005

Andraz Sraka wrote:
> re
>
> When creating a new ticket via sending email to RT mail-gateway address,
> is there a way of owner delegation without using RT web-interface
> instead. Because by default the owner is 'nobody' and also nobody is
> informed about new ticket. Is there also a way, when creating a new
> ticket via email, that all the people, who can view (who are queue
> resolvers) that queue, will receive email about new ticket.
>
> Regards,
>  Andraz
Both of these things are easily accomplished with scrips.  The first
will be a scrip that sets the ticket owner on create.  I'm pretty sure
the explicit instructions are in this list archive.  The second is a
scrip that notifies the watchers/admin cc or whatever list you would
like on create.  I have notify admin cc, set my admin cc list
appropriately, and have this as a global scrip--works great.

Anne